[Pythonmac-SIG] How to run under the debugger

JoanCarles p Casasín joanca@typerware.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 00:01:07 +0200

Chris Rudolph wrote:

>I am very new to phython and I want to step through my .py script in the
>debugger (preferably the visual debugger). I have no idea how to get it to
>begin execution on my script. I have seen nothing about it in the archive
>and the documentation seems to be nonexistant.

Just for your first step:

Open your script (I assume you're using the IDE).
Go to the window pop up in the top right.
Enable debugger.
Run script
In the new window you can put marks in the left column to execute parts
of it.
Push the run button and see what happens with stack, and variables...

I suppose you'll figure out more.

Note my info is not very good, someone will give you better information,
but in the meantime you can start playing...

Not much, but better than nothing ;)

JoanCarles

:::!!!:::
joanca@typerware.com