[Pythonmac-SIG] os.path.getmtime bug?

Erik van Blokland erik@letterror.com
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 22:00:06 +0100

-- Erik van Blokland [3/4/00 9:51 PM]:

from macpath and my previous post:
>>def getmtime(filename):
>>    """Return the last modification time of a file, reported by os.stat()."""
>>    st = os.stat(filename)
>>    return st[stat.ST_MTIME]

>>def getatime(filename):
>>    """Return the last access time of a file, reported by os.stat()."""
>>    st = os.stat(filename)
>>    return st[stat.ST_MTIME]

looking at it more closely, both getatime() and getmtime() return
st[stat.ST_MTIME], can't be right either. No?
And when I fix the import problem macpath, the number returned by
getmtime() still seems to be in a different epoch when compared to
time.time(). As macpath is a mac specific module already we could do some
math on it and get it to be the same epoch as time.time() is in?

Erik

-- letterror