[Pythonmac-SIG] Python SSH2 library?

Richard Gordon maccgi@bellsouth.net
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:06:20 -0400

I recently set up an ancient peecee as a web server using OpenBSD 2.7
which is pretty cool, but now I'm faced with a small problem in that
I don't want to turn on normal ftp or telnet for security reasons,
but have found that there is only one mac client that actually works
with the SSH2 that OpenBSD uses (F-Secure's SSH2 for Mac which is
$99).

So I figured that it might be feasible to write a spiffy little ssh
client in Python that would run on the mac if somebody has already
put together a package or module that did most of the dirty work, but
I can't seem to find one. Can anyone point me at what I need? It
appears that SSH2 is becoming fairly widespread and I'd hate to think
that Mac users are reduced to parting with a fairly large amount of
$$ just to keep up. Thanks.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design
Database Design/Scripting Languages