[Pythonmac-SIG] MacOS: problems with tkinter

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 04 Jun 2000 23:31:41 +0200

Recently, Patty and Art Werschulz <agw@home.com> said:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to use python on a233MHz beige Power Mac G3 running
> MacOS 9.  I have installed Python 1.5.2c1 and Tcl/Tk 8.3.0.
>
> I am having trouble running various demos involving tkinter.

Tkinter was in a very sorry state in the 1.5.2 distribution. You can
try to locate _tkinter.ppc.slb in your Python folder and add the
folder that it is in to your sys.path with EditPythonPrefs. But what
is probably better is to grab the 1.6a2 distribution from
ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/jack/python/mac, it has a much better (and newer)
tkinter installation. (Plus: I would like feedback on how well this
version of tkinter
behaves).