[Pythonmac-SIG] Build Application problem SOLVED!!!!!

Chris Barker cbarker@jps.net
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:03:54 -0700

OK,

I was tearing my hair out trying ot figure out what the heck was going
on here. No one else seemed to be having the problems I was having.
Thanks to all of you that helped me out (esp. Jack, Russel,and Ian). I
finally got a clue when I read Ian's message:

>Then I dropped each
>application onto EditPythonPrefs and checked the "Delay console window
>until needed" checkbox in the interpreter options dialog.  I then ran each
>program again and this time *neither* of them put up a console window

Well, I checked for the twentieth time, and "Delay console window until
needed" was already checked. but, a lightbulb went off, so I unchecked
it, closed EditPythonPrefs, then opened it again, and checked it again.
After this it works right. So it appears that if "Delay console window
until needed" is set on your main interpreter, BuildApplication sets the
check box, but doesn't actaully set it where it needs to be set
(although the window didn't come up if I didn't opena  file, hmmm).

In conclusion, it is probably a bug, but one with a very easy
work-around! YEA!!!

Thanks to everyone for putting up with my repeated frustrated posts.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,
Ph.D.