[Pythonmac-SIG] Distutils for Mac

Corran Webster cwebster@nevada.edu
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:28:32 -0800

This weekend I had a bit of a play with the distribution utilities from the
distutils sig - no more than making it able to install and compile .py
files and put them in the right places, although I had a good long think
about how to fit mac-based compilers into their system and it seems
possible given a bit of messing around with Apple Events.

But before taking this on in a more serious way, I wanted to check if
anyone else has been working on it.

I think that this is an important thing for the macintosh port to be
involved with.  Makining it easier for Unix and Windows-based developers to
make their projects available for the macintosh would be a big plus, as
would a mechanism which makes it easier for us to distribute binary
distributions of extensions amongst ourselves.

Regards,
Corran