[Pythonmac-SIG] What about the Tcl/Tk problems?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:57:12 +0100

> I guess the mac build process is not only a =BD hour task like as
> it was for me on Solaris and IRIX, where building a Python binary
> package was very simple: I simply had to choose the right --prefix
> for configure, edit Modules/Setup a little and then run make, make
> install and finally only had to hack in a tiny installer shell script,
> which creates some symlinks under /usr/local/bin /usr/local/lib ....
> =

> So first a Mac software shopping list (Compiler, packager, ...) would =

> help me lot.

The only thing you need to buy is CodeWarrior. The current release is 5.3=
, you =

can probably buy 5 and upgrade it to 5.3 over the net.

Next you'll need some working knowledge of Tcl/Tk, Mac programming and Py=
thon =

programming (mainly mac-programming), this should get you as far as build=
ing =

Tcl/Tk for the Mac. Finally you'll need quite a bit of patience as you pi=
ck my =

brain to find out how I tied Tcl/Tk into Python. The main problem is tyin=
g the =

I/O systems (and, hence, the event loops) together. Maybe what I did for =
the =

previous release of tcl/tk still works, but so far they've radically chan=
ged =

their I/O system every single release (sigh).
--
Jack Jansen             | ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++=

Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig =
++++
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.=
htm =