[Pythonmac-SIG] CVS tree snapshots

jon * jon@clearink.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:49:55 -0800

on 2/10/00 8:20 AM, Jack Jansen <jack@oratrix.nl> wrote:

> There has been some demand for source tree snapshots without having to install
> MacCVS. Now, this is technically easy: run a nightly scripts that does a cvs
> update, stuffs the resulting directory and uploads it to an ftp server. All
> the tools involved are scriptable, so that's the "easy" bit:-)
>
> However, I don't have the infrastructure right now to set this up. Is there
> someone who is willing to do this?

If someone wants to set this up on a unix box, here are my hack scripts for
java.apache.org cvs stuff...

#!/bin/sh

# Setup the PATH so that all of the utilities are found
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin
export PATH

# Serial number
SERIAL=`date +%Y%m%d`

# Log onto the CVS server specified below (so an entry exists in the
'.cvspass'
# file for the user), check out a working copy of the module(s) required,
and
# set this script to run on cron. Ensure that the working version stays
clean
# (do not compile in it!).
#CVSROOT=:pserver:jservpub@cvs.working-dogs.com:/products/cvs/master
CVSROOT=/products/cvs/master
export CVSROOT

# CVS Module name
module=ecs

# Name for distribution
TAG=Apache-ECS-${SERIAL}

# Path to public ftp/http directory
PUBDIR=/serv/websites/working-dogs/htdocs/daily

# make PUBDIR if needed
mkdir -p ${PUBDIR}

# change to the right directory
cd ${PUBDIR}

# Create an exportable directory of the CVS module
cvs -Q -z3 export -d ${TAG} -r HEAD ${module}
#( cd ${module}; cvs -z3 update )

# Create 'Apache-JServ-YYYYMMDD{.tar.gz|.zip}' files on ftp/http server
tar -c -z --exclude CVS -f ${PUBDIR}/${TAG}.tar.gz ${TAG}

# cleanup the export directory
rm -r ${PUBDIR}/${TAG}

# End of script