[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python 2.0 and MultiUser

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:04:45 +0100

Bingo!
when you run Python as another user you don't have the preference
file, apparently each user has a completely distinct set of
preferences files. Therefore, each user that wants to use Python must
run InstalPython first. Otherwise the default sys.prefix will be set
to whereever the first Python applet was run from.

I'll add a note to the readme file, and I'll also add some code to be
a bit more intelligent about setting the sys.prefix preference (I
could for instance skip this if the folder from which we're run does
not contain  :Lib and :Mac subfolders).