[Pythonmac-SIG] can't exit module

Russell E Owen owen@astro.washington.edu
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:37:47 -0800

>I am I really the only one who thinks this is a problem?

I agree it's a problem, but I wonder if it's worth spending a lot of
time trying to fix it. I'd personally much rather see IDLE up and
running on the Mac, for two reasons:
- If IDLE cannot run on the Mac then this suggests bugs or
limitations in MacPython that are probably important to fix.
- Any efforts to fix the development environment benefit more people
and so potentially can muster more assistance (though of course it
may also result in more interference).

Having said that, I have no idea why IDLE doesn't run on the Mac
(aside from file events being broken); anybody know? I also don't
know if it has the same problem as the IDE; I'm just getting python
running on my first unix box these days and hope to find out.

-- Russell