[Pythonmac-SIG] Embedding Python w/o SIOUX popping up

Jared Updike jaredu@its.caltech.edu
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:43:48 -0700 (PDT)

I am embedding Python in a Code Resource that loads as an extension to the
program Igor. My extension loads the PythonCore Shared Library. When I
call my command from the Igor command window and the code in my extension
calls PyMac_Initialize() a SIOX window pops up and another apple menu is
added at the top of the screen. There is porbably some way to use the
funcitonality of PythonCode without loading the Window/menubar, and if
there is, I would love any advice anyone may have on this
situation. Thanks.

--Jared

Web: http://waffles.caltech.edu
Phone: (626)395-1154