[Pythonmac-SIG] dbm problems

Gordon Worley redbird@rbisland.cx
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 20:10:07 -0400

At 10:03 AM +0200 8/1/2000, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Anydbm is one of the few modules that defeats the
>BuildApplication/freeze method of finding modules used. It's best to
>help it along a little, and as the only dbm-clone available on the mac
>is gdbm a bit of code like
>if 0:
>     import gdbm
>somewhere in your code will do the trick.

Okay, adding import gdbm makes it work.  Yesterday I searched all
around for dbm clones and all I came up with was dumbdbm.  Guess next
time I should just start typing away see what happens or remember to
look in the Plugins folder.

BTW, what is the if 0 part for?  In fact, if 0 seems like it would
always be false, so the import gdbm part would never be run.
--
Gordon Worley
http://www.rbisland.cx/