[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 1.5.2 available, finally

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:55:55 +0200

olks,
after a long long wait, due to both me and Just being in the loop for
a MacPython release, and both of us being very busy, we finally put a
MacPython 1.5.2 release together. You can get it through
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html .

There is one gotcha: the release calls itself Python 1.5.2c1, both in
version number and in the folder it installs into. Unfortunately, this
was far more work to fix than it was worth (with Python sources having
moved on significantly beyond 1.5.2 alreadyy), so we've decided not to
fix it.

I'll also have to skip on providing a list of highlights for this
release (simply because I don't remember anymore), but be assured that
there are many.

And a final note to people who have sent me contributions over the
last month but note that these are missing from the distribution:
again, mea culpa, you'll find them in the next release.

Oh yes, a final final note: over the last few weeks I've started
receiving reports from people who had problems installing the previous
MacPython on iMacs with extensions enabled. So far I haven't been able
to detect a pattern in the reports. If anyone has a problem installing
1.5.2 please let me know.