[Pythonmac-SIG] Embarrassing clarification

Bob Savage savageb@pacbell.net
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:08:11 -0700

>>About a different matter, what would be the best resource (tutorial,
>>book,...) for a beginner, with no programming experience at all?
>
>Otherwise, "Learning Python" by Mark Lutz & David Ascher is a good bet

I agree. This is a very good book. Stay away from the other OReilly Lutz
book (the honkin' thick one) if you are not already comfortable programming.
But the Lutz & Ascher book is very clear and geared towards those just
learning. I also found it useful after having used Python for a year. It is
not always great on explaining Mac-centric things (like it goes into great
detail about OLE on Windows, but Scripting on the Mac (using Apple Events)
is not mentioned. So if there is no indication of how to do something on the
Mac version ask here. :)

Bob