[Pythonmac-SIG] More on Error

Niel M. Bornstein nbornstein@plr.com
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 21:35:29 -0400

A few weeks ago I posted a message to the list asking about the following
error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "Kyoto:Projects:Pivotal:1.01b3:Plink.py", line 7, in ?
  File "Kyoto:Development:Python 1.5.2b1:Mac:Lib:FrameWork.py", line 8, in ?
ImportError: toolboxmodules.ppc.slb: The named library was not found.

I have a little more information from my client now.  As a reminder, this
is a stand-alone Python app, created with BuildApplication.  It works fine
on some Macs (for example, it works great on my PowerCenter 132 and an iMac
they had at their office), but it gives the above error on others.
Apparently at least two of the machines that are failing are 8100's with OS
7.5.3.  When I asked the client to try option-launching the app, the same
traceback came up, so there was no opportunity to do the "import sys; print
sys.path, sys.modules" bit.  Dropping the app on Edit{PythonPrefs shows the
sys.path to be $(APPLICATION).

It's especially difficult for me to provide any more info, as my client's
clients are far away, and my client is not at all Mac literate.

My client is desperate and has even gone as far as buying one of his
clients a new Mac just to get this running.  Any ideas?

Niel