[Pythonmac-SIG] change in cPickle format?

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:19:24 -0700

I'm having trouble with a pickle file which was created under
MacPython 1.5.2b1.  I can't seem to load it now, as shown here:

	>>> f = open(_fontprefix + ":metrics.dat")
	>>> cPickle.load(f)
	Traceback (innermost last):
	  File "<input>", line 1, in ?
	EOFError:

Has the cPickle format changed?  Or has this file simply gotten
corrupted somehow?

PIDDLE users: is piddlePIL working for you?  If you comment out the
except block at line 48 (substituting a dummy "finally" block
instead), do you get an error like the above when you run the code?

Thanks for any insight in pinning this down...

-- Joe
|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |