[Pythonmac-SIG] "import library too new"?

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:47:59 -0700

At 10:28 AM +0200 10/20/99, Jack Jansen wrote:

> > I thought maybe it meant I have to rebuild the QDRotate shared lib,
> > but I did that and still get this error.
>
>That should have worked...

You're right, it does.  I'd run into a bug in CodeWarrior Pro 5.2 --
I still don't understand it; it was looking in the wrong place for
the PythonCore library.  Even after I deleted the old one, and
removed and re-added the new one (to the project) a few dozen times,
making sure it was in the path, etc., CodeWarrior remained hopelessly
confused and gave me mysterious internal errors.

I finally found a work-around, which was to copy PythonCore into the
project folder.  Why this works, yet another location also in the
project paths does not, I have no idea.  But I finally got QDRotate
rebuilt with the correct shlb and it now works under 1.5.2c1.

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |