[Pythonmac-SIG] W & Piddle (was Re: IDE API)

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:20:42 -0700

At 11:06 AM -0700 10/12/99, Bob Savage wrote:

>If some work went into a wrapper for W, would that lead to the ability to
>use PiddleQD w/out the IDE?

Not the sort of wrapper we were thinking of before.

It's probably quite possible to make piddleQD work without the IDE;
but what we need isn't wrappers of existing code, so much as
encapsulation.  The IDE classes, W classes, and Framework classes
seem to be a bit intertwined, and it's not clear to me how to
separate them.

What we'd need to do is load the Framework, and possible W, classes
that are needed, and construct the piddleQD window on those.

But I'm curious: what are you doing with piddleQD that isn't more
convenient to do in the IDE anyway?

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |