IDE API [was Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Accessing front window in IDE]

Gordon Worley orla_redbird@crosswinds.net
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:05:28 -0400 (EDT)

Joseph J. Strout wrote:

But then, how is this any different from mucking about with IDE
widgets, which is what I thought we wanted to avoid?  The IDE objects
already have methods like those above; apart from the names, I don't
see much difference.
<<<

Instead of developing a new API, why not just add some documentation to the
current code.  I know this really is Just's deal, but I for one would very
much like to see the W modules get some better descriptions.  Trying to
figure out what args that the callbacks on each type of widget takes is
quite a nusance to me, so even if we have to develop a wrapper module for W
and basic IDE functions, I think that it would be worth it for both the
hope of getting code documented and some easier to read function, class,
and method names (not that they aren't already pretty easy to read compared
to some modules in a few of those *other* languages).

- Gordon Worley
http://www.crosswinds.net/~orla_redbird/
mailto:orla_redbird@crosswinds.net