[Pythonmac-SIG] How do you use macfs.FInfo?

Richard Gordon maccgi@bellsouth.net
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:06:11 -0400

At 16:46 +0200 10/11/1999, Jack Jansen wrote:
>That's fairly easy to fix: move the initialization of lcounter to outside the
>function and move your global statement to the top of the function (I'm not
>sure whether the latter is really needed, but everyone puts global statements
>at the top of their functions).

Thanks. I'll play with that and see what happens.

>And, while you're at it, in your first print statement replace "runtime" by
>"lcounter".

Yeah, I saw that after I posted. The actual script is okay and I
think that this got screwed up as I was editing the message.

>In general, by the way, once you need global variables you're on the road to
>making your program more complex and it's better to use objects and classes.
>This program would become something like:

Hmm, this will take a while to absorb, but thanks a lot.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design
Database Design/Scripting Languages
mailto:richard@richardgordon.net