[Pythonmac-SIG] Build Application/Applet

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 11:50:56 +0200

> >> Hi-
> >>     I wrote a little script to parse email digests into a tab delimited
> >> format.  If I save the script as an applet from the IDE everything is fine.
> >> but if i use either the Build Application or Build Applet tools, I get a
> >> error saying there's a syntax error in my script (this happens when the tool
> >> is writing __main__).  any ideas on where to look for the problem?
>
> I figured out what the problem was.  One of the lines in my script had a tab
> after the text but before the linefeed.  Once I removed that tab, everything
> built fine.  Should this really affect building the application?

No, it definitely shouldn't. I've tried to reproduce the problem, but however
many tabs I put after lines BuildApplet doesn't seem to care, so could you
send me your sourcefile so I can have a look? Please send it binhexed, not
straight ascii, as in this case we want to file to come across verbatim.