[Pythonmac-SIG] IDE class/method popup?

Pieter Claerhout PClaerhout@CREO.BE
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:59:25 +0200

Hello,

I just had the same problem this week, and check
if you use spaces instead of tabs for indentation.
If you use spaces, the IDE will not show the
methods for the classes If you use tabs, it will
show them. I replaced all spaces in my script files
with tabs and it worked for me (Python 1.5.2b1).

Kind regards,

Pieter

Pieter Claerhout - PClaerhout@creo.be
Response Center - Applications Support

Creo Europe - Excelsiorlaan 21 - 1930 Zaventem - Belgium
Tel: +32 (2) 711 14 00 - Fax: +32 (2) 720 96 71

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph J. Strout [mailto:joe@strout.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 1999 11:04 PM
To: Jim Harrison; Python-SIG
Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] IDE class/method popup?

At 4:57 PM -0400 10/06/99, Jim Harrison wrote:

>The popup menu at the bottom left of my IDE script window lists methods
>and classes with popout arrows next to the class names, presumably for
>their contained methods.

Yep.

> However, no menus pop out from these arrows. I
>presume that this is a "feature to be implemented"...

Nope, it's a feature that's been implemented for several versions now
(as long as I've been using the IDE, I think).

I have noticed that sometimes the method menus don't appear.  This
happens rarely, and I haven't been able to spot any particular
pattern to it.  I wonder if it has to do with low-memory conditions?
Jim, if you increase your memory allocation to PythonIDE, does the
problem disappear?

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |