[Pythonmac-SIG] Advanced Editor patch

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:14:25 -0700

At 1:34 PM -0400 10/01/99, Jim Harrison wrote:

>When the ICeTEe extension is installed, command-clicks are trapped and
>the clicked text is examined for a URL. If present, the URL is fed to the
>browser indicated in Internet Config. This could cause a conflict with
>your plans for command-clicks in the IDE.

Oops, you're right, that's what it does.  Hmph, I prefer the
insert-chunk function, but command-click is something of a standard.
Though it makes more sense in things like newsreaders and email apps
than in a code editor.

Glenn has suggested making these functions user-configurable, but I
haven't thought of a good way to do that without increasing the
complexity overmuch.

Well, I'm open to suggestions here... at a minimum, I'll set up a
little dictionary at the top of PyAdvancedEditor.py which maps the
various modifier combinations to actions, so that you can rearrange
the mappings that way.

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |