[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with Tk using MacPython vers 1.5.2c1

Alexander Schliep schliep@zpr.uni-koeln.de
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 18:24:26 +0200

On Oct 1,  5:49pm, Jack Jansen wrote:
> Brian,
> if I remember correctly Tk is an optional component, you did install it, did

Nope. Tk is part of the distribution (as it should be). Is that Tk 8.2 btw ?

> you? It could well be that if you _don't_ install it only the _tkinter module
> is not included but the Tkinter and friends are, giving the impression that
> you do have Tk installed.
>
> And where did you find the _tkinter.ppc.slb file? It should be in the PlugIns
> folder, if it was installed elsewhere that is the problem (mine, to be
> exact;-).

I had to add $(PYTHON):Lib:lib-tk for import Tkinter to work
(which is a bug, right?) and then $(Python):Extensions:Imaging:PIL
for _tkinter to be found.

Could the default Python Prefs please be changed such that Tk works out of
the box ?

Yours,
Alexander

--
Alexander Schliep                    schliep@zpr.uni-koeln.de
ZPR/ZAIK                             Tel: +49-221-470-6011 (w)