[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with Tk using MacPython vers 1.5.2c1

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 17:49:51 +0200

> I know that this is a bit of a newbie question, but I am trying to install
> MacPython on my 8500 with OS 8.0 and I am having a difficult time figuring
> out how to get the Tk commands to work.  Here is a short session with the
> search paths included, but when I try to import Tkinter it tries to find
> _tkinter and cannot find the module.  I found _tkinter.ppc.slib and placed
> a re-named copy _tkinter in the extensions folder, but this didn't do the
> trick either.  Could someone please give me a hand on this?

Brian,
if I remember correctly Tk is an optional component, you did install it, did
you? It could well be that if you _don't_ install it only the _tkinter module
is not included but the Tkinter and friends are, giving the impression that
you do have Tk installed.

And where did you find the _tkinter.ppc.slb file? It should be in the PlugIns
folder, if it was installed elsewhere that is the problem (mine, to be
exact;-).