[Pythonmac-SIG] "A GUI Test Session" from Learning Python Crashes

Brian J. Stankiewicz bstankie@eye.psych.umn.edu
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:51:44 -0500

Is there a reason why running the code on pg. 23 of Learning Python crashes
Python?  I am able to get the dialog box up just fine, but when I hit the
button titled "Hello", the program completely freezes and I have to "Kill"
(Option-Apple-esc) out of Python.

It won't even let me copy out of the command window.  I am going to retype
the trace-back for everyone's pleasure:

>>> from Tkinter import *
>>> w=Button(text="Hello",command='exit')
>>> w.pack()
>>> w.mainloop()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in ?
  File "Zamboo:Applications:Programming:Python
1.5.2c1:Lib:lib-self.tk.mainloop(n)
  File "Zamboo:Applications:Programming:Python
1.5.2c1:Lib:lib-tk:Tkinter.py",line 75 in _exit
SystemExit: 0

The Tkwindow is blank, but it is still there.  Any ideas?

-Brian
| Brian J.Stankiewicz 		(o)612-624-7353	|
| 75 East River Rd. 		(f)612-626-2079 |
| Elliot Hall					|
| University of Minnesota 			|
| Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455			|