[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with Tk using MacPython vers 1.5.2c1

Richard Gordon maccgi@bellsouth.net
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:23:54 -0400

At 10:31 -0500 09/30/1999, Brian J. Stankiewicz wrote:
>I know that this is a bit of a newbie question, but I am trying to install
>MacPython on my 8500 with OS 8.0 and I am having a difficult time figuring
>out how to get the Tk commands to work.  Here is a short session with the
>search paths included, but when I try to import Tkinter it tries to find
>_tkinter and cannot find the module.  I found _tkinter.ppc.slib and placed
>a re-named copy _tkinter in the extensions folder, but this didn't do the
>trick either.  Could someone please give me a hand on this?

I'm not sure what the preferred approach to this is, but I ran into
the same thing and fixed it by using  EditPythonPrefs to add
$(PYTHON):Extensions:Imaging:PIL: to my sys.path. I don't recall
having to do that in the past, but at least it worked for me.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design
Database Design/Scripting Languages
mailto:richard@richardgordon.net