[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: "Build Applet" not Drag and drop anymore?

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 20:16:05 -0800

MacPerl builds the icon family for its "droplets" into each droplet, with
the icons being resource ID 128.

Python (the applet builder) copies the three icons from the interpreter
into the applet.  But, the icon family ID 128 is still the interpreter, not
the applet, and the FREF ID 128 is still for the APPL.  Somewhere in there
is likely the problem...it would probably be better to copy the applet icon
family into the applet as ID 128, not 129, and either omit the icon family
for the interpreter, or give it a different number.

But it's been a long time since I had to deal with this stuff--in
particular, I've forgotten how the "local IDs" work (if I ever knew for
sure).

    --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA