[Pythonmac-SIG] Gnuplot (console)

Robert S Savage bsavage@leland.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:32:04 -0800 (PST)

> From: "Anthony M. Ingraldi" <A.M.INGRALDI@larc.nasa.gov>
> To: pythonmac-sig@python.org
> Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] drawing graphics with Mac version of Python
>
> The gnuplot console code is included in the gnuplot distribution.  This is
>
> The console code is a rather simple script that interacts with the gnuplot
> app via AppleEvents.

I have recently been looking at GNUplot and it occured to me that you
should be able to drive GNUplot from MacPython by importing the Gnuplot
object and simply sending it individual commands (rather than
interactively). Am I right in this? If it is more complicated, would you
happen to have an example of executing a GNUplot command from Python code?

Thanks!

Bob Savage