[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: password dialog (& toolbox interfaces followup)

David Ascher da@ski.org
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:11:48 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

> Apple is late on the developer release of OpenGL for Mac that they
> promised to put on the web at the end of the month. Expecting an
> official release "RealSoon" has kept me from trying to play with
> Mesa. (But if I don't hear anything soon, maybe I'll give it a try! -
> Has anyone built Togl with Mesa on other platforms? )

Togl works fine w/ Mesa on other platforms.  The issue isn't so much
OpenGL support (that's delegated to OpenGL or Mesa), but the creation of a
new kind of Tk widget.  It's not especially tricky, I suspect, but it
takes someone willing to dig inside of the mac-specific Tk code.

-david