[Pythonmac-SIG] Go Joe!

savageb savageb@pacbell.net
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:16:33 -0800

<joe@strout.net> wrote:
> I just today compiled my very first Python plug-in module.  This is
> extremely cool, and I expect to be making Mac precompiled versions of just
> about every module I find on the net that doesn't already have one.
>
> I also have a long list of things which need to be "fixed" or improved
> about MacPython, like the way you can't get to the next line of the python
> path in the EditPythonPrefs app without copying & pasting a newline.
> Rather than gripe about most of these things, I figure I'll just dive in
> and fix what I can, submit those, and gripe about the rest.
>
> I've also been working with Just on some improvements to the IDE.  Syntax
> highlighting is coming (ask him about it!), as well as a (IMHO) cool
> feature that lets you press the question mark while on a function name, and
> see its prototype and docstring in the output window.

Yeah! This is sounding very good! Good luck with the big decision. How about
a Gadfly binary?

Say, has anyone gotten Idle to work on the Mac? I got some TCL error when I
tried -- really looking forward to syntax coloring (what great news!).

FWIW I think the EditPythonPrefs app is much better than editing the windows
registry :p

Bob Savage
savageb@pacbell.net