[Pythonmac-SIG] making Python Mac-friendly (was: making plug-ins?)

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:21:41 -0800

>Recently, Bob Savage <savageb@pacbell.net> said:
>> ... I wonder if it
>> wouldn't be possible to collectively (even gradually) create a FAQ-wizard
>> for using MacPython which specifically deals with what doesn't work or what
>> works differently on a Mac.

To which Jack replied:

>Yes, please! If somebody can set this up that would be a valuable resource...

How about the PyModules FAQ-o-Matic:

http://starship.skyport.net/crew/aaron_watters/faqwiz/contrib.cgi?req=index

The only problem being, only PSA members are allowed to contribute, which
is a horrible idea -- anybody with a good Answer should be allowed to
contribute it.

But maybe we could use the same software... I could host it on my site at
strout.net, if they'd ever get around to supporting Python (*).

Cheers,
-- Joe

(*) Want to help?  Go to http://www.web2010.com or write to
sales@web2010.com, and tell them you're looking at ISPs and they look good,
but it's important to you that they provide Python.  Perhaps even point out
that other ISPs (e.g., best.com, or insert your own here) do provide this
service.  I've been bugging them for months, but they're Perl believers...
|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |