[Pythonmac-SIG] [Q] how to disable stderr/stdout console?

Giorgio Brajnik giorgio@dimi.uniud.it
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 19:18:59 +0100 (MET)

    >> The console-behaviour (close-on-exit, etc) is controlled by
    >> Python, but you are of course free to change that after calling
    >> PyMac_Initialize().
    >>
    >> and it is precisely this latter thing that I want to do. How?

    Jack> Through the Sioux options struct. The MetroWerks
    Jack> documentation should tell you how to do this (and, actually,
    Jack> I think the header file sioux.h has almost all the needed
    Jack> information).

Thank you, Jack.

We did not manage to solve the entire problem, yet. But we'll keep
trying, following your suggestion.

On the other hand, don't you think that initialization of python
should allow more freedom to the api programmer? Perhaps by leaving as
option the call to init_mac_world() ?

        Giorgio Brajnik
Dip. di Matematica e Informatica   | voice: +39 (0432) 55.8445
Universita` di Udine               | fax:   +39 (0432) 55.8499
Via delle Scienze, 206             | email: giorgio@dimi.uniud.it
Loc. Rizzi -- 33100 Udine -- ITALY | http://www.dimi.uniud.it/~giorgio