[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python on Japanese MacOS 8.6

Noboru Yamamoto noboru.yamamoto@kek.jp
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 19:09:34 +0900

> Message: 9
> To: pythonmac-sig@python.org
> Cc: KAWASAKI <fkawasak@po.twin.ne.jp>
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:04:46 +0100
> From: Jack Jansen <jack@oratrix.nl>
> Subject: [Pythonmac-SIG]
>
> Has anyone used Python on a Japanese version of MacOS (or any other version of
> MacOS that has non-roman script), and what were the results?
>
> fkawasak@po.twin.ne.jp has the problem that the interpreter works fine when
> started "by hand", but if you drag/drop or doubleclick a script it fails
> miserably. I'm now suspecting that some of the code that handles pathnames may
> be roman-script-centric or something like that, so I'd like to hear of other
> peoples results with such a setup.
> --
> Jack Jansen             | ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++
> Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
> www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm
>
> End of Pythonmac-SIG Digest_______________________________________________
> Pythonmac-SIG maillist  -  Pythonmac-SIG@python.org

I have similar problem on our PowerMac9500 running MacOS J-8.5 with
MacPython1.5.2c1. Double clicking or dropping a python script onto
Python Interpreter starts Python Interpreter but the script is not executed.
On the same computer, MacPython 1.5.1 works OK. Dropping a python script
onto Python starts execution of the scripts.

PowerMacG3 running MacOS J-8.6 with MacPython 1.5.2c1 does not have
such a problem, however.

MacPython 1.5.2c1 on my iMac(Rev.B) running MacOS9-J also works without
any problem.

On PowerMacG3 and iMac, MacPython1.5.1 was installed and used before
installing 1.5.2c1. On PowerMac9500, no Python interpreter was installed before
1.5.2c1. Does it make difference?

Noboru Yamamoto
KEKB control group
KEK ( High Energy Accelerator Research Organization)
JAPAN