[Pythonmac-SIG] MacOS X Server installation documentation

Bob Savage savageb@pacbell.net
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:13:15 -0800

Well, I confirmed that the installation method I used does *not* have a
thread module (attempts to import "thread" and "threading" both fail with
"No module named thread" errors). Unfortunately attempting to get threading
support to compile is beyond my capabilities.

There is a new release of MOSXS expected within the month (Macworld SF?),
but according to today's Stepwise newsletter, it is unlikely to include
support for Carbon or an updated Darwin, underpinning, so I don't think the
situation wrt Python will be changing soon.

Bob