[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie's Q

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:51:56 +0100

> hello,all
> I am a newbie to mac python.
> when I double click a module in whatever folder
> the interpreter says to me it can't find the module.
> for example.
> Double click $PYTHON:Lib:binhex.py
>
> --->PythonInterpreter:: can't open file 'binhex.py:'

This is very strange. Try rebuilding your desktop to see whether that makes a
difference.

Also, could you give us the exact error message if it still fails after the
desktop rebuild? And could you try dragging-and-dropping the .py file to the
interpreter, to see whether that gives the same error message as
double-clicking?