[Pythonmac-SIG] just one apple event

Bill Bedford billpy@mousa.demon.co.uk
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 11:41:51 +0000

At 4:57 pm -0800 11/12/99, Dante wrote:

>I've been working with aetools and gensuitemodule.py trying to get
>Python to work smoothly with a scriptable app. It hasn't been going
>very well. What I truly desire is to be able to write a function to
>send an application ONE appleevent. I have gleaned the information I
>need from MacOS with CaptureAE and a one line applescript.
>
>So where in this mess of tools do I go to be able to do this?

Each method, in the modules generated by gensuitemodule.py,
represents your single apple event. They even have the same name.
--
Bill Bedford                            mailto://billb@mousa.demon.co.uk

The man gave a shrug which indicated that, although the world did indeed
have many problems, this was one of them that was not his.