[Pythonmac-SIG] SWIG and making extension modules

Rob Managan managan@llnl.gov
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 16:58:00 -0800

I have successfully used SWIG to wrap the Processor Manager
functions. At this time I have really only tested the
GetProcessInformation and the MacGetCurrentProcess functions. I set
this up to see how hard it would be to use SWIG for this purpose.
Mainly I wanted to be able to get the process name, Signature, and
active time.

It turns out that it is not as easy to use as I would like. However,
it does give you a lot of flexibility. The main problems revolve
around trying to use the special objects that Jack provides for
things like FSspec pointers and OSTypes... I want to clean it up a
little and add some documentation and then hope to make it available.

If you want to see it in its rough form let me know.

Rob Managan       <mailto://managan@llnl.gov>
LLNL                      ph:  925-423-0903
P.O. Box 808, L-095       FAX: 925-422-3389
Livermore, CA  94551-0808