[Pythonmac-SIG] Appearance

Bill Bedford billpy@mousa.demon.co.uk
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 00:05:18 +0000

At 9:45 pm +0100 07/12/99, Jack Jansen wrote:

>Folks,
>I'm about to convert various (and, eventually, all) dialogs and such
>in MacPython to Appearance Manager. Moreover, I'm about to do so
>pretty soon, at least for some stuff like EasyDialogs, as I need
>appearance support quickly for GRiNS.
>
>The thing I'm still not 100% certain about is backward
>compatability. I see the following possible solutions which I'd like
>feedback on, but any other ideas are of course welcome too.
>
>1. Forget about backwards compatability. This is definitely the
>    easiest solution:-) I'm afraid it might be unacceptable, though,
>    because there are people with machines that can't run
>    Appearance. If so: please speak up.

Acording to the Appearence SDK it works with all systems later than
7.1, Since Python doesn't work with System 6 the number of people who
your changes will affect is likely to be quite small.
--
Bill Bedford                            mailto://billb@mousa.demon.co.uk

People have believed for hundreds of years that newts in a well mean
that the water's fresh and drinkable, and *in all that time* never asked
themselves whether the newts got out to go to the lavatory.