[Pythonmac-SIG] console vs. BuildApplication

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:51:34 +0100

> On 12/2/99 6:20 AM, Jack Jansen wrote:
>
> > Just that we're talking about the same thing: you do understand that the
> > console will pop up as soon as you write something to it
>
> Yes, I understand that.  This very same code works as expected when run as
> an applet.

Hmm, interesting. Could you have a look at the GU<sigma>I resources in both
the working applet and nonworking application? Both should be the same, and
have resource ID 10241.

I'm asking this because the only thing I can think of right now is that
somehow your application didn't get a 10241 GU<sigma>I resource but a 10240
one, which is overridden by any preferences setting you have.

For the curious, and for the record as I don't think this process is
documented anywhere yet: for all resources (python path initialization,
options, gusi options) we search four places and use the first match:
1. Preference file, override resource ID
2. Application, override resource ID
3. Preference file, normal resource ID
4. Application, normal resource ID

The first one doesn't normally find anything, the second one finds
EditPythonPrefs settings in the applet/application, the third one finds
system-wide EditPythonPrefs settings and the last one finds the "factory
defaults" in the interpreter.