[Pythonmac-SIG] not very Standard_Suite

Erik van Blokland erik@letterror.com
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 12:33:19 +0100

hello,

I've been playing around with gensuitemodule and ran into something odd.

Gensuitemodule creates a Standard_Suite.py file for each application it
wraps. I assumed that this file was the same as the Standard_Suite.py
included in the python distribution at
     Python 1.5.1:Mac:Lib:lib-scripting:Standard_Suite.py
and I threw the newly generated Standard_Suite in favor of the
standard-python-standard-suite. Then I discovered several missing methods
and a bunch of missing constants. I needed to import functionality from
both Standard_Suites: I regenerated the new one, renamed it. Then my
final object inherits from both and it seems to work.
But it's a bit clumsy. Does each application have it's own ideas about
what is needed in a Standard_Suite? are there more elegant ways of
dealing with this?

erik van blokland

-- letterror