[Pythonmac-SIG] toolboxmodules.ppc.slb error on *some* Macs

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:53:20 +0200

> At 6:49 AM -0400 8/25/99, Just van Rossum wrote:
> >No. I assume they're built with BuildApplication?
>
> Yes.
>
> >Honestly, I am stunned: I see no reason why it could fail on one machine
> >and not the other. Any more clues about the differences between the
> >machines on which the program does run and those on which is doesn't?
>
> I will try to get my client to be a little more detailed on his
> explanation.  He just says "PPC Mac running MacOS 7.5.1", I'm sure he
> doesn't have any clue about checking extensions, etc.

What you could ask your client to do is to option-start your application,
check the "enter interactive mode after script finishes" and tell him to type
"import sys; print sys.path, sys.modules" at the >>> prompt and send you the
results. Maybe you should ask him to do this both on a working and a
nonworking machine.

Sys.path should be [applicationfolder, application, ':']. Sys.modules may give
you a clue what has been imported from where.