[Pythonmac-SIG] Good book for learning Python on the Mac

Peter Sommerfeld peter.sommerfeld@gmx.de
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:22:56 +0200

Pieter Claerhout wrote:
>I'm almost brand new to the world of Python. I use Python mainly
>on the Macintosh, but I can't seem to find a good book explaining
>how to program in Python on the Macintosh.
>
>Most of the stuff I find is either Unix-related of either Win-related.
>Does anyone has some suggestions for a good book (or a decent website).

Pieter,

there is no one I'm aware off. The best you probably can do is to get
the informations from Inside Macintosh, to poke the python mac examples
and libraries (Framwork.py) and post your questions to this list. MacPython
+ IDE is very comfortable to use so you can checkout everything without any
harm. And the most toolbox calls are available.

Here are the websites I occasionally use:

apples tech info lib
http://til.info.apple.com/

somewaht outdated but still usefull:
http://www.mactech.com/articles/develop/index.html