[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Pythonmac-SIG digest, Vol 1 #166 - 5 msgs

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:12:55 +0200

Samuel,
if you'd be willing to take over maintainance of Tkinter on the mac
you would make me a very happy person. Tkinter is important, but
MacPython is already taking more of my time than I can really afford,
and as I don't use Tk regularly I can't really spend time on it at the
moment.

Everything you need to build it (from the version I used, 8.0) plus
instructions are in the distribution, but my attempts to build more
recent versions have failed in the short time I allowed myself for
it. If you'd be willing to take this up you'd best wait for the next
distribution, 1.5.2, due any day now, which has a new structure for
plugin modules (which also makes it a lot easier for me to offload
modules or module groups to other people, and for other people to
distribute their own extension modules).