[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Tkinter vs. native calls

Fernando Garcia fernando@digital.ddnet.es
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:07:27 -0500 (EST)

Hello

I'm mostly a newbie onf Python on the Mac, although I've long experience
with Macintosh programming.

The basic guestion is what to use: Tkinter or the native OS calls that Jack
gave us to handle menus, windows, etc, etc, etc.

The first one will gave me compatibility across platform (suposing I don't
use any Mac specific feature, like QuickTime), the later one will create a
more Mac native app.

I've never worked with Tk (less with Tk on the Mac) and I don't know how Tk
Mac applications looks or how they integrate with the standard user
interface.

Any insights on this?

TIA, Fernando

Digital Domain es miembro de ASIMELEC
Digital Domain S.L. Tlef. (91) 7268038 Fax. (91) 7262102
http://www.ddnet.es/
email administrativo: admin@digital.ddnet.es
email personal: fernando@digital.ddnet.es