[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Changes in 'Programming Python' demos?

W.T. Bridgman wtbridgman@radix.net
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 18:48:10 -0400

As I've begun building my background in Python, I've been working with some
of the demos (particularly the GUIs) in Mark Lutz's "Programming Python".
I've encountered some problems running some of the demos from the CD-ROM.

One problem is the call to ScrolledText in guimixin.py.  More recently,
I've encountered a problem using formgui.py & formtest.py.

Since I know there were some changes in Python from the 1.2-1.3 release to
the 1.4 version I'm using on a Mac, I'm not sure if the problem is
Mac-specific or due to changes in Python.

If it's the latter, is there a location listing the changes required to get
these codes running under Python 1.4?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom Bridgman, Ph.D.                                     wtbridgman@radix.net
Physics & Astronomy                               "Just say NO to
Microsoft."