[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Thread support in Mac Python?

Guido van Rossum python@pobox.com
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 18:12:49 -0400

> Can anyone brief me on the current status of thread support in Mac Python?
> IIRC, the last time I asked, they just plain didn't work -- but that was
> some time ago.  If they're still not working, are there any plans or
> prospects for adding them in?  (Doesn't the current MacOS have a Thread
> Manager or some such?)

I haven't seen any patches yet, so they still don't work.  I think it
would be a lot of work, because you don't just need the thread manager
-- you would also need to make GUSI thread-manager-aware.  This is
because the Mac OS still doesn't do scheduling properly.  I don't see
this changing any time soon, unless the Mac suddenly becomes a lot
more popular.  Too bad -- I still like it a lot...