[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Where can I find the applescript suite?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 01:17:25 +0200

Folks,
someone (Doug? Bill?) recently told me that the "activate" AppleEvent
is described in the AppleScript suite (replying to the comment in
aetools.py that I didn't know where it was), but I haven't been able
to find an aete/aeut resource for the AppleScript suite. Can anyone
point me in the right direction?

FYI: with the input from Doug and Bill I'm now happily hacking
gensuitemodule again, and I'm halfway at being able to say
  s = ScriptableEditor('quil')
  x = s.get(window(1).paragraph(1).word(2))
I still have some problems with properties (elements work fine), and
with elements that are not defined in the current suite (hence my
request for the AppleScript suite).

Oh yes, I also think I have the solution to the problem that fsspecs
weren't coerced to aliases, but I haven't tested it yet. Could whoever
had that problem try doing the coercion by hand, as in
  s.open(aetools.pack(macfs.FSSpec(':foo'), AppleEvents.typeAlias))

Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm