[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Re: Beware of CW 11!

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 07 Feb 1997 11:13:06 +0100

> What I have *heard* is that SIOUX has been merged into the MSL - it's
> no longer a separate library. If you are using the ANSI libs, you
> need either SIOUX or console.stubs, so I guess they just decided
> to make SIOUX the default.  ( Of course, since I haven't gotten
> mine yet, I can't verify what I've heard, but you might just try
> taking the SIOUX library reference out of the project and see if
> it links with just the ANSI libs. )

I'm actually quite happy with this change: it means that we can probably roll
our own changes and those from GUSI into a single library with selected parts
of MSL (which is apparently still shipped in source form). That would
forestall all sorts of errors (like linking libc before GUSI).

Also, there's a couple of mods that I would like to make to sioux (a
python-specific menubar, clicking on a line to allow you to retype/edit the
line, possibly clicking on an error to send you to that line in your editor of
choice) that would make the Python environment a lot more friendly (even if
still far from a real IDE).

Matthias said that he has his CW11, so I'll just wait another week or so for
him to release his new version of CWGUSI before I start hacking on it.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm