[PYTHONMAC-SIG] ANNOUNCE: BBEdit extension to run python scripts

Just van Rossum just@knoware.nl
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:20:48 +0200

I've put together a very basic BBEdit extension, that sort of does what Joe
requested. If you're interested, I'll send the archive. I have no ftp
server.

Just

-- Here's the READ ME:

BBPython -- a BBEdit extension to make the Python interpreter exectute the
content of the current window.

contents:
-       BBPython -- the extension
-       PythonSlave.py -- the "slave" script that handles the AppleEvents

-       source -- source code & CW9 project for the extension

quickstart:
-       drop BBPuthon in BBEdit extensions folder
-       double-click PythonSlave.py
-       start BBEdit
-       type some code
-       go to Extensions menu: "Perform as Python"
-       be happy

warning:
        since PythonSlave.py runs its own event loop and we have no interface
        to SIOUX you *cannot* copy from the console. Duh.

extra feature:
        while PythonSlave.py is running you can still double-click Python
        documents, they will get executed as if Python was not alreadu running.

bugs:
        perhaps

Have fun with it!
And please report bugs, or fix 'em.